Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My First Post! :]

I have been addicted to teaching blogs through lovely Pinterest and thought, "Hey! I can do that!" So here I am, trying to make this a worthwhile blog for myself and others.  My problem will DEFINITELY be updating this blog.  I have a hard time keeping up on new ideas - I'm not going to lie - so posting my tasks from school and ideas will hopefully be bountiful and not become scarce as the school year starts. 

For myself, to start this summer, I have to figure out what needs to be disregarded, tweaked, or added next year. Let's think...

Disregard
The Pigman (in general)
Final project for The Giver

Tweak
Snapshot project
Time spent on poetry
Classroom library management
Literary Contrasts timeline
Medieval stories

Add
Clash of the Classes (YAY!! :])
Interactive Notebooks (double yay! :]])
Lottery tickets for incentives

 Pinterest completely consumes me.  It's amazing how addicting looking through ideas I will probably never use actually gets! Maybe I should pick a few to actually try to implement - especially for school - through this summer.
Classroom lottery... the possibilities are endless with this!!!  Partner Wheel-The most basic way to use these is to write the names of any students you DO NOT want to be working together on the same wheel. To find partners, simply turn the wheels until the names line up.  Want to do this with Twitter. Awesome

Well, the good thing is I have all summer to figure out what I'm going to do with my classroom next year.  I want a theme, whether idea or colors, for my room next year.  I'll be posting things I did in class that I need to remember next year, so it won't get lost in my madness of organization.  What a productive first post!  Yay!

Loves, 
Maria


(I need to get those cool graphics for a header and signature. :] I'll just have to leave you with my dogs. Haha)


No comments: